Who is “Among Us”?

October 12, 2020

There is a “new game” hitting phones across the school. “Among Us is an online multiplayer social deduction game developed and published by American Game Studio and InnerSloth and was released on June 15, 2018 The game takes place in a space-themed setting in which players each take on one of two roles, most being Crewmates and a predetermined number being imposters.”, as described by Innersloth, the game’s creator. Even though this game was created in 2018 it has recently come back to light in 2020. This little green astronaut is showing up in memes, on social media, and YouTube. 

Playing the game overall is a pretty fun experience. Individuals are randomly assigned a role either as crewmate or imposter. The imposter is charged with secretly killing crewmates without being caught, while crewmates work to complete tasks on the ship. Playing as the crewmate can be fun but it can be scary when the other players are dying and you still are alive which creates a lot of suspense. While being the imposter is fun, you also have to be sneaky and try not to act suspicious or the crewmates will throw you off the ship. When you are killed by the imposter you become a ghost you get to spectate the game and the other players. You can also customize your astronaut by changing its color, you are able to give them a hat to wear and you get the option to have a little pet. Currently it is spooky season and you can wear a witch hat, pumpkin, and other holiday gear. One of the best parts of the game is you can play with strangers or the people around you. It is a fun, free game. The only cost is to remove ads and get outfits for your character. Why you should play this game is because it’s a fun game to play by yourself and you are able to play with your friends.

About the Writer
Photo of Mason Cookson
Mason Cookson, Journalist

Mason Cookson is a senior set to graduate in March 2021. He has been a student at CA the majority of his high school career. Mason has wrestled for Cape...